DHI – Direct Hair Implantation
DHI is the most modern and progressive innovation in hair implantation for healthy and natural-looking hair.
Unlike more extensive, traditional hair transplants, the innovative DHI method does not require any surgery. The risks of infection are therefore minimal and the procedure does not leave behind any unsightly scars. Only 60 to 75 percent of the extracted hairs survive when earlier transplantation methods are used. With the DHI method, the figure improves to around 90 to 95 percent.
This is how the new DHI method works
During the procedure, individual hairs are extracted from areas of robust hair growth, generally the crown at the back of the head, using 0.7 millimeter microstamps. Because unlike the centre, parting or the front hairline, this area hardly ever experiences hair loss, which makes it especially suitable. The extracted hair follicles are then implanted into the scalp with a tiny needle without the need for incisions or scars. Another advantage of this method is that longer hair does not need to be cut or shaved. A bandage is only needed on the first day after implantation. For around five days after the procedure, the hair and scalp just need to be kept moist with a moisturizing spray.
DHI – the advantages
- Simple, modern medical procedure with 100 % natural results.
- Unlike traditional methods, no incision holes are required as the hair follicles are immediately transplanted using a special DHI implanter tool.
- Direct implantation after extraction ensures that the implants do not dry up, which promotes successful long-term growth.
- As treatment is quick and almost painless, only minimal postoperative medication is required.
- Minimally invasive treatment method – involving no scalpel, incisions, excessive bleeding or stitches.
The first new hairs appear around two months after implantation, and the final result is achieved within one year. We ask our patients to come back for regular check-ups so that we can assess the results objectively.
To date, more than 200,000 DHI hair implantations have been successfully carried out at 56 partner practices around the world – including HAUT- UND LASERZENTRUM AN DER OPER in Germany. This corresponds to roughly 36 implantations per day based on in-depth knowledge from 45 years of research and development.
The innovative DHI method is not only suitable for implanting hairs on the scalp – men’s beard and chest hairs can also be implanted, and the procedure is also suitable for eyebrows, eyelashes and pubic hair
Click here for more information on DHI hair implantation for eyebrows.